Virtual Drive Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched for this on this forum, but only came up with one post. Don't know if this has been addressed before or not.

I am looking for a good virtual drive program. All I want it for is games. I LAN alot and I hate dragging my cd's along. I've used Alcohol before, and it worked pretty good. But it's support is very slim. I also just tried GameDrive. It hardlocked my comp up 4 times. I won't be installing it again. I've heard of Daemon Tools before too. Didn't know anything about it though. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

Daemon Tools is the best at the moment I'd think (and it's free). Thre is (was?) also CloneCD and Nero 6 comes with that ImageDrive thing too (it's a joke but only thing that reads .nrg images).

Virtual CD/DVD is also pretty good. Fantom CD is another. I think you'll like Virtual CD best as it provides a short cut in your system tray (as well as short cut keys) that allow you to easily manage your discs with a few clicks of your mouse.

Originally posted by Nodsu
Thre is (was?) also CloneCD and Nero 6 comes with that ImageDrive thing too (it's a joke but only thing that reads .nrg images).

Luckily, that's not the case anymore! :)

Daemon Tools has added support for .nrg images since (at least 3.41), so it now supports 8 image formats...

Dolarin> You can get Daemon Tools here...
(Latest ver is 3.43)

What program to make images...

Okay, so I have Daemon tools. I can't seem to find anywhere where it says "make image." Do I need some other program to make these images? I hate to sound like a newb, but I guess that's what I am when it comes to this stuff.

Ooopsss... It would seem we've misunderstood your question...

Daemon Tools is only used with existing images, not for creating them...

To create an image, you can use Nero, Alcohol (as you said), Easy CD-Creator, more or less any burning program actually...

undisker is a program which creates .iso images, though it's limited to a 30 day trial...

In other burning program, you'll have to select an image recorder instead of your regular cd-writer, and the rest should be done as usual...

Hope this helps you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back