VIRtual MEMORY error

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

well today i got the little virtual memory error on my task bar saying its increasing the paging file or w.e is this bad?or do i have to do anything to fix this cause i have 3 gig ram 3 hard drives 250 gigs each i should not be getting this error.

There's no harm in using a pagefile and it is a crucial part of modern operating systems. What size is your pagefile?

Next time this happens, pop open the Task Manager and see which process is hogging the RAM.

That is a seriously small page file, methinks... you might want to do a full exploration of the processes to see what might be using too much memory... and also run memtest86 www.memtest.org to see if there is something else involved with a module.

ok so what should i set page file to also whats considered using a lot of memory 10,000 kbs or over?if so what to do cause i have a few programs running 24 hours over that limit.

ok can u tell me the exact settings to set it on im not page style savy so if you could tell me what to set it to would be great thanks.

If you look on the screenshot you posted you will see a windows recommended size setting why not go with that ?

Cheers HSC

Type 4510 in Initial size MB and 4510 in Maximum size MB click Set then OK out and reboot

Cheers HSC

the total virtual memory for 32-bit XP is 4GB (or 4096MB). you cannot set your virtual memory to more than 4096.

set your initial and maximum to 4096, and you will not receive that error message again

cheers :wave:

HSC said:
Type 4510 in Initial size MB and 4510 in Maximum size MB click Set then OK out and reboot

Cheers HSC

Rudeboy:

Just reduce the initial size to 4000 and leave the maximum at 4510, click set/ok/reboot.

Regards Howard :)

Edit: Sorry Kingcody, our posts have crossed lol.

same error when i tried i put in for inital size 4000, and maxium 4510 and same error pops up

if i set it the inital to 4000 and maxium at 4096 it works so leave it as that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back