Virus etc results and iexplore question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, can't believe how brillant those instructions are. Thank you so much for going to the trouble of posting them.
I have preformed all the scans as instructed and the results are attached.
I do have one or two questions as follows.
Now that this is all done what is the routine maintenance that should be preformed. Also what should be running all the time now as for a number of the programs the instructions said to deactive realtime protection. Should they now be reactivated?
The second question is that iexplore.exe using 40% to 50% of the processing power on my pc, seen in taskmanager. Is this normal?
Thanks again so much, Dara

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Don`t re-enable your monitoring programmes just yet.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Wiplogf2ai

Close the services window.

Reboot your computer and let me know if you`re still having problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of bigdara only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quick. Wiplogf2ai doesn't seem to be there right now. But also iexplore has stopped hogging the pc. I guess if the problem reoccurs I'll try again to do what you recommend.
By the way with regards to what should now be running on my pc to protect it I guess I should really inform you that I chose zonelabs and AVG 7.5. I also never removed windows defender (just disabled the real-time protection), I like its ability to tweak start up etc.

In that case, you can now re-enable your real time monitoring programmes.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bigdara only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Just to confirm I have Defender, AVG, Zonealarm and AVG antispyware all running.
Should the other programs be run only when I think I have trouble or should I run them reglarly?
And finally thanks again very much for your help.
Dara

AVG Antivirus and Zonealarm, should be run all the time. Windows defender and AVG Antispyware should only be run once a week or so, to save system resources. The more you have running with Windows, the slower your system will be.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back