Virus! Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoSo_kg

My internet connection icon is flickering always I think I have a svchost.exe virus and my internet speed is very poor :( Here's HJT log

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of ZoSo_kg only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Well I have cable net and cable modem with leds for sent and received packets.
Normaly when i don't go to the net and have no internet activity the leds are not shining on the modem (or on the local area conection monitor icon in my sistem tray wich is integrted with modem because the modem is conected to my pc by a network adapter). But they not act in that way, and they are always flickering showing me internet activity.

Are you perhaps running an instant messenger that you werent running before?

one or all of the following applications could well be causing it. All are safe as far as i can tell.

C:\Documents and Settings\Ray Ban\Application Data\BitTorrent
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
C:\Program Files\BORGChat
C:\Program Files\Webteh

I have an msn live messenger But i think it's Bit Torrent that i had before i installed Bit Lord. I will deleted rightaway. Thank you I'll let you know the results.

I agree with rik, it`s probably some application you have seraching for updates or whatever.

If you open your task manager and click on the processes tab, see if you can find the process that coincides with the modem input/output.

Regards Howard :)

It's very strange I don't have any more system restore card in my commputer properties, and in may taskmanager i have 5 svchost.exe runnig. And when I close internet explorer or mozila they are still ON in taskmanager.

5 svchost.exe entries is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

What the heck is a "system restore card"?

Please post a screem shot of your task managers processes.

Sorry my english is not so good :). Shortly I can't find system restore anywhere

Oh Here's the image sorry.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 5
Why do you want to find system restore?

Click start/all programmes/Accessories/Sytem Tool/System Restore.

Nothing unusual in your screen shot.

Because I don't have it since yesterday I don't use it but I found out accidently. Look

Cinders said:
He meant system restore tab in his System Properties menu.
Yes that's right thanks!

Cheers Cinders, now I understand.

Obviously something`s not right.

Click start/run and type sfc /scannow into the run box and hit the enter key.

Windows will check for any missing or damaged OS files and replace them as necessary. You will need to have your Windows cd handy.

See if that helps.

It solwed the problem with system restore but I don't understand: every time when i start windows starts iexplore.exe (all by itself) in taskmgr and when I realy open it it starts like IEXPLORE.EXE?

That`s good, though I don`t know how you did a system restore, when you couldn`t find it?

IEXPLORE.EXE shouldn`t be running on startup. Please post a fresh HJT log.

I don't do the system restore I allways disable it when finished installing the windows(because of free space) But i have a good photographic memory and when a accidently open my comp properties I didn't saw the system restore tab :) And what's wmiprvse.exe?

wmiprvse.exe

Your HJT log is clean.

However, it appears you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software.

Go and follow the instructions in step2 of this thread HERE. Run a full system scan and see what is found(if anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back