Virus Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyder_1386

Hey...just contracted the virus Hacktool.rootkit. I've read through all the previous posted stuff but cant seem to figure out which files are infected... can someone please help? I've attached my hijackthis file onto the server....

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    7.5 KB · Views: 6
Download Free AVG AntiVirus and save it to a desired location. It is your choice if you want to retain this software or remove it after the cleaning process.
After downloading, browse where the file was saved and double click to install it.
After installation, connect to internet and download all necessary updates.

Also Download SmitfraudFix and save it to a desired location.

Reboot your computer in SafeMode

Run AVG and do a thorough scan. Delete all infected files.

Run and follow the SmitfraudFix procedure, that you downloaded earlier.

Regards Jase

hey jase.... just a quick question... in the previous s****etions for hacktool.rootkit, people were told to turn off system restore before they booted in safe mode. Do u suggest i do this as well?

Your best bet would be to go through the instructions below.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of Spyder_1386 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

yes Spyder_1386.

This thread is for the use of Spyder_1386 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Regards Jase

Thank You! Thank You :)

I followed the steps one by one and i'm happy to say the virus that plagued me has been taken care of....COMPLETELY :) Not only that, a few other creepy crawlies were also found and destroyed....my pc feels as good as new :)

Howard, you're a genius.... rik, jase123, thanks for the help as well...it is appreciated greatly :)

Spyder_1386 :)

It would still be a good idea to post the requested logs so that we can make certain that your pc is truly clean.

Yes Post fresh HJT, AVG, and smitfraud logs, as rik says.

Regards Jase

Files Attached :)

Hey guys...there's the files that you requested for.... i've got no idea what they say lol so i'll leave it up to u to decide if i'm still infected...

thanks once again

Spyder_1386 :)

Delete the following, but let rik or Howard check it over first as i am still in training at the MRU. (Malware Remover University)

* O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

* O23 - Service: VW - Unknown owner - C:\DOCUME~1\Spyder\LOCALS~1\Temp\VW.exe (file missing)

Regards Jase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back