Virus like activity..pls help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwa

for past few days m not able to surf the web properly. at times i am not able to open any page...not able to ping to my ISP says request timed out though i m online...my upload speed has dropped drastically...even clicking links wont take me to da next page...

whn loggin in to net i see a suspicious site loading...as if i m being redirected to it b4 connecting to net..

da site name is ask.35832.com...never seen this site loading b4 in the status bar bottom left corner...

have my pc with norton,adware,xoftspy but nothing was found,tried hijackthis but nothing suspicious was found i m not wrong to interpret the log. i have disabled system restore already.

pls help

P.S:- right now everything is workin fine for which i have to restart my pc again n again untill i m able to surf properly :(...but again after 10-15 mins it be da same whr i'll have to wait long for sites to open :(

Please turn system restore back on, then follow the instructions below.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of ashwa only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

rik said:
Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS

This thread is for the use of ashwa only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

tnx all for ur help but da problem is solved...a virus named ani.ac somthing like dat was picked by counterspy...norton disappointed yet again...

tnx all for da help u offered.

regards

Norton is absolute rubbish and you should get rid of it. Below is some instructions shoul you decide to.

Download either the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes and either the free Zonealarm or Kerio firewall programmes from within this link - https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Then, disconnect from the net and completely uninstall Symantec/Norton. If you have any problems in uninstalling the programme, take a look at this thread - https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic57112.html

Once you`ve completely uninstalled Symantec/Norton, reboot your system and install whichever firewall programme you chose, followed by whichever antivirus programme you chose. Reboot your system the required number of times and reconnect to the net. Run the antivirus updates.

yrs back i use to use norton but as i was low on ram i got rid of it...used avg for 2 yrs but it also failed to chk on a virus which led to HD corruption had to buy a new one..thn tried avast for 2 yrs with ZA n they use to have conflicts so got rid of it...now again i am backin norton as its faster than b4...but now....

seems like thr aint no foolproof AV...will be switching over to kaspersky...

tnx for ur advice,
regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back