Virus Problems. Can you read my log an help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the relevant sticky topics (marked as Read: at he top of the forum) and edit your post accordingly and I'm sure you'll get some help. :)

Hi Spike,

I have followed the forum info about virus deletion and using more than one virus software package. I have been going through the list that HOWARD HOPKINSO has put forward, so far I am onto Panda soft which keeps crashing my internet Explorer.

Am I being cynical when I say it would appear to me that the best thing to do would be to Format the "C" drive then reload all my software ??? Everything that I do just seems to slow the puter even more... What can I do ? I am not a techno phobe neither am I a Computer boffin however I have gone through all the info to the letter and it ain't working for me, could I have some other virus that is more serious etc.... Help please....

Thanks

Regards M

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Reformatting would almost certainly get rid of any nasties you have.

However, there are several virus scanners you can use in this link HERE.

So, if you`re having problems with the Panda online scanner, try a different online scanner.

I`ve moved this thread to our security and the web forum. Because it`s an old thread, there`s no need to open a new thread.

You can post a fresh HJT log into this thread. After following all the instructions in the above link.

Obviously, if you decide to reformat, none of the above will be necessary. I guess it`s upto you.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

For any kind of PC up gradation or PC maintenance a best place i know is PC Solutions you can have a look by yourself it deals with all kinds of pc problems virus removal, spyware problem etc. I hope you won't be disappointed because one of my friend referred me this site and by that time i am with this site and recommending others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back