Virus problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread. This will save any confusion.

Your system is infected with a variety of nasties. You`re not running any antivirus or firewall software either. This is a huge security risk.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of block g raptor only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I'm not running anti virus because what ever nasty i got has uninstalled avg and i cant reinstall it as i need to remove all entries in the registry but I cant get into regedit cmd or task manager
I ran the software that is linked in the original thread and it removed a lot of spyware. I ran the hijack this log after this
I ve tried downloading the various Anti V programs suggested in the trojan pakes and other nasties thread with the same result

If you`ve finished the instructions, post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of block g raptor only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Cant run AVG antispyware as the virus has uninstalled it and wont let me reinstall it. I'll run HJT when I get home and post the log
how do i post attachment ?(doh)

Ok, no problem.

HERE are instructions on how to post your HJT log.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: ohb - {5ED7D3DE-6DBE-4516-8712-01B1B64B7057} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchTool\nst14.dll

O2 - BHO: ohb - {5ED7D3DE-6DBE-4516-8712-436325722327} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {f79fd28e-36ee-4989-aa61-9dd8e30a82fa} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - Global Startup: svchost.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/menusearch.jhtml?p=ZU

O16 - DPF: {266B9238-31A5-4B53-9039-272FE846DF9D} - http://www.sis.com/download/SISTransfer.cab

O16 - DPF: {2F003D51-39FD-4D18-9016-95CF70B92ABE} - http://download.movienetworks.com/install/US/altpmtscab.cab

O16 - DPF: {DECEAAA2-370A-49BB-9362-68C3A58DDC62} - http://static.zangocash.com/cab/Seekmo/ie/bridge-c420.cab?367cbbbe1323eb68f54b58 f1de1b3f3c0d0cac41c0b1ec9c3632c608288fea8cf76944d2cabda99c803823b214ca2a7ce0ebed 2706c2542b3569487bdbc4c9:1d035341f328be5e0840eadbd870f4a5

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\svchost.exe<This is nasty, do not delete any other svchost.exe file.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchTool\nst14.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Boot back into safe mode and delete this bold folder.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchTool

Reboot into normal mode again.

Now go HERE and follow the instructions for installing and running Antivirus/firewall/AVG Antispyware programmes.

Please post a fresh HJT log along with an AVG Antispyware log, only after doing the above.

Thanks Howard
I noticed the svchost in start up last night and thought it was a bit fishey alright
will follow instructions when i get home this evening
thanx again

HJT And Anti-Spyware logs attached
Ive got my task manager and run comand back ! THANX !!!
Still cant reinstall AVG(getting access denied message in the registry) but i have installed Avast and the firewall linked above
thanx again

Your HJT log is clean. I don`t know what the other log file is, but it sure aint an AVG Antispyware log lol.

It seems according to your HJT log, you have not installed any Antivirus or firwall software. I suggest you do so ASAP.

Ive installed Avast anti-virus and zone alarm firewall
I installed them after running the HJT log
the anti-spyware log is from Trend Micro anti spyware
I cant post an AVG antispyware log as i still cant re-install it

basically when i try to install any AVG software i get an error saying unable to access H-Key when i click on details it tells me that access to the Hkey is denied
Ive tried deleting all avg entries from the registry but get access denied error's when i try this
not too worried about this now as I should be ok with avast and the firewall or should I?

Ok, no problem. I don`t know what the problem is with AVG Antispyware, but it`s not something you should worry too much about. Sounds like an issue with the programme itself.

Providing you`re not having any more problems with viruses/spyware, I think you`re good to go.

If you do have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back