Virus problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i had a trojan on my system which was driving me nuts and I came to the board looking for help. i followed the guide posted here and downloaded all the antispyware and ad aware and other tools and followed all the instructions. The advice seems to have worked and the darn thing is gone. however i forgot to write down the name of the trojan and i feel rather foolish posting here now. Anyway it was something like Trojan Win32 ....

Here is the HJT file and the AVG log that you advised me to post here.
Thanks for the help.
Malcolms

Your system is badly infected.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of malcolms only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hello Howard

The computer is a network computer at my place of work and contains some confidential personal info. A total reinstall would have to be carried out by a network administrator. however i could cop a bit stick for some unauthorised downloads. Can you help me clean up a bit before I call in the big guns?

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

We need to temporarily disable Spybot search & Destroy`s tea time, as it may interfere with any fix we are trying to run.

Disable Spybot's TeaTimer. This is a two step process.
First:
- Right click Spybot in the System Tray (looks like a calendar with a padlock symbol)
- Choose Exit Spybot S&D Resident
Second:
- Open Spybot S&D
- Click Mode, check Advanced Mode
- Go To Left Panel, Click Tools, then also in left panel, click Resident
- If your firewall raises a question, say OK
- Uncheck the box labeled Resident Tea-Timer and OK any prompts.
- Use File, Exit to terminate Spybot
- Reboot your machine for the changes to take effect, then follow the instructions below.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Easymotivation<Uninstall this, unless you know for a fact that it`s safe.
45khgo62<same as above.
Instant Buzz

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

deb60a14.exe
easymotivation.exe<See above.
45khgo62.exe<See above.
IBDaemon.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 53.71.253.20:3128<Only fix this if you didn`t set this proxy or don`t know what it is.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000000-0000-429E-A98A-7A67E02C9F6F} - C:\Program Files\45khgo62\45khgo62.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPlay64] c:\program files\common files\system\deb60a14.exe /noerrorinfo

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [45khgo62] C:\Program Files\45khgo62\45khgo62.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EasyMotivation] C:\Program Files\Easymotivation\easymotivation.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Instant Buzz Daemon] C:\Program Files\Instant Buzz\IBDaemon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Instant Access] rundll32.exe EGDACCESS_1058.dll,InstantAccess

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{DD8C3746-0E01-4239-97F8-8FE43A5983B0}: NameServer = 196.122.3.10,53.71.253.20<Only fix this if you don`t recognise the domain or it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\EGDACCESS_1058.dll
C:\Program Files\Instant Buzz<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\Easymotivation<Delete the entire folder, unless you know this programme is 100% safe.
C:\Program Files\45khgo62<Delete the entire folder, unless you know this programme is 100% safe.
c:\program files\common files\system\deb60a14.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how the system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of malcolms only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back