Viruses just won't go away

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal_killerxx

Reguardless of how many times i scan for viruses and remove them, they just keep coming back! Any help would be appreciated. There's this one virus that whenever i try to access my paypal account, it redirects me to an identical looking page but asks me for information like my social security number and my ATM pin. When I asked paypal about this, they said they would never ask for that kind of information. Please help!
Here's my hijackthis log:

edit:if i was supposed to post the HJT log in an attachment or i did something wrong, please let me know.

Your system is infected with malware and you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. You need to install some ASAP.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of cereal_killerxx only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back