Vista 32 or 64 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigredmachine

I'm buying a new notebook and am wondering if I should cough up another $149 for vista ultimate, which is 64 bit? Is this a good idea or is staying with vista premium a better way to go. I'm already getting 2 gig of memory so its not like that is a problem and I'm getting the c2 duo 2.2 ghz w/ 4mb cache. Just wondering what would be best.

I've read the guide to choosing which windows version you want thread...how do I know what software (games) and hardware will work?

Thanks!

am wondering if I should cough up another $149 for vista ultimate, which is 64 bit? Is this a good idea or is staying with vista premium a better way to go.

question you should be asking yourself:

Do you need those extra features??
-big/complex network ability
-drive encryption
-moving desktop
-shadow copy
-etc.

Mind you, you can get the 64 bit edition of vista premium by asking microsoft to send you the 64-bit vista premium cd, with a small postage & handling cost..

how do I know what software (games) and hardware will work?
...by checking on the website/manufacturer/box if it says "vista compatible" or if there is updates available to make it vista compatible..

Most hardware/software with only XP compatible written on it should work on vista, but i must emphases the word *most*

N3051M is absolutly right.
If you are just plannign to use it at home I would go for Premium.
I went for the Vista Ultimate, but in hindsight I wouldnt have forked out the extra dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back