Vista 64bit installation problems !

Status
Not open for further replies.

nativ2006

Hy , I had an amd 64bit processor so I downloaded the Microsoft.Windows.Vista.64Bit.Build.5308 to my computer and I burn it into DVD disc when I Tryed to opereat the SETUP file I geted the message that this file can not be opereated in "win32" (My opereating system is regular winXP (not 64bit) when I restarted my computer and pressed enter to start the installation directly from the disc before even entering my windows he loaded files and then the computer just had a black screen with a little loading bar that even after a full night didn't progress I tried Alcohol 120% daemon tools and nero 7 but non of them could help me!
please if there is someone who knows what to do it would be great!!
Thanks allot...

Vista is still in the beta process. You may not be able to install it. I myelf also have a 64bit CPU and am unable to install Vista. It just freezes up on my during the installation process every time.

DonNagual said:
Vista is still in the beta process.
Well, maybe the quality is, but it was released on 30th November.

The build 5308, however, is very bad compared to the latest builds.

First of all thanks everybody but...
a.I don't get it ... if this vista is a beta version why it dose not work at all I mean do you think it natural that it will stop responding in the installation even without start it?and beside this I readed in the internet that people do succeed to install and opereat it! how does it make any sense?
b.I am downloading now the 64bit RC1 Vista I is it gonna be diffrent and how please it's drive me crazy!

I was not even able to install the RC1 version myself. It simply froze during the installation process. There are so many different variations of hardware out there, and microsoft is doing their best (I hope) to ensure that vista will work with most configurations, but it'll take time for them to iron the bugs out.

Do a google for your motherboard model number and vista and see of others are having the same problems as you, and if there is a work-around.

My motherboard (A8N-SLI) is known to have some problems with vista. Many are able to get around it by disabling most of the onboard features. Didn't work for me however. Maybe by the official release I'll be set (fingers crossed).

Well I want to tell you that I do succeed to install the vista but not on my sata 2 hust on a regular IDE but I downloaded the RAID driver for 64bit from msi (I got k9n sli platinum mother bord..) I hope It will work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back