Vista Back to windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold the sage

My friend (who has windows and will keep it no matter how much i say linux is better) recently downloaded the Windows Vista Beta (v1 i think) and after finding out how buggy it was wanted to take it off, much to his dismay he discovered that it doesn't like to be taken off and now he can't get windows XP back onto his system (home edition). he has an emachines computer if that makes any difference, now how do you get XP back on?

Harold the sage said:
My friend (who has windows and will keep it no matter how much i say linux is better) recently downloaded the Windows Vista Beta (v1 i think) and after finding out how buggy it was wanted to take it off, much to his dismay he discovered that it doesn't like to be taken off and now he can't get windows XP back onto his system (home edition). he has an emachines computer if that makes any difference, now how do you get XP back on?

He should change the startup properties in BIOS to the CD-ROM and throw in a Windows XP disk. You cannot uninstall Vista, you basically have to format the hard drive. I have no idea how to get back to Xp if he has a prefurbished version of Xp though...unless he has backup cd's.

He has an emachince and he downloaded a BETA version, of course it has bugs.....Enough said.

Seriously, Hopefully he has his OEM xp disk that came with the system. Re-install the OS and hopefully he has a back up of any data he cherishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back