Vista help and some......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnorth

Hi all,

Can anyone offer any help with these two little problems, running on a Vista OS.

1. Having a slight minor ***** moment i have managed to install vista twice on my pc, on 'c' drive and 'd' drive. Is there an easy way of removing the second installation ('d' drive), i have tried just deleting it but it wont work.

2. For some reason all of a sudden i keep getting a 'rundll32' / 'runtime error 216'. It only seems to happen when i try and open Internet Explorer (but not only IE) and then it gets into a loop trying to open IE and i just end up with blank screens that are 'not responding'.
I have ran a system restore, full system virus scan and Adware scan but i cant get rid of the problem !

Help...

Cheers
Rag

Ragnorth said:
Is there an easy way of removing the second installation ('d' drive), i have tried just deleting it but it wont work.
What does that mean?

You can remove it from the boot menu by running command prompt as an administrator, then checking the boot items with bcdedit, then deleting the second installation from the boot menu with bcdedit /delete *the id string here*.

See bcdedit /delete /? for more information.

If you have trouble deleting the Vista files from the D: partition, make sure you have the ownership and proper permissions for those files and directories. Most people recommend simply formatting the partition to get rid of it, but it's possible to delete the files as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back