Vista keeps shutting off my internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

Yes, I don't know what the problem is, but it's happened with two different situations:

first, I was downloading stuff in BitComet. BC could be running with no problems, but downloading stuff made problems, and it would kill my (usb) internet adapter (wireless).

second, I had a labelmaker for my new lightscribe drive open (only thing I can think of) and it shut off.

Same thing everytime too, it shuts off the usb port, for anything, I can plug in my usb headset to the port and it won't work.

It's getting really annoying becuase simply changing the usb port doesn't help, I have to restart the computer to reset that usb controller.

I keep a clean installation of my OS, like, monthly, and I don't have viruses, I use AVG, it's always up to date, and it's done this since the day I installed Vista. Two different programs. It didn't do it for about 3 weeks between BitComet and this last time, so I don't know what's up.

Mentioning a couple of things: doing a "routine" OS reinstall every month is not warranted. OS re-installs should be saved for the time when "nothing" else will fix a problem, not used as routing maintenance.

The fact that you use BitComment means you do files sharing. That is not secure way to run a system. The system is open to getting malware on every file you share, either a download you make or every access into the system by someone wanting a file,

You need to learn how to troubleshoot instead of 'throwing out the bath water'!

You mention AVG- is this the AV and/or the spyware/adware program? Do you have a firewall? Do you have at least two spyware/adware programs. And as mentioned, do you scan with all of your security programs regularly, updating each right before the scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back