Vista related questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

8eios

hello everyone! i'm about to change my OS to vista ultimate x64. however there are some questions that have to be answered before and i would really appreciate your help.
1) obviously i'll need new drivers for my graphics card (an XFX 6600GT 256MB by the way). in the nvidia site the option "6 series" doesn't exist any more so i guess the most suitable option will be "geforce and TNT2". can anyone confirm that?
2) do you know if alcohol 120% will work under vista x64 or if there is another version suitable for that or at least an alternative?
3) which office should i use?
4) in case i keep xp in my other hard disk can you reccomend me a good boot chooser?
5) any other reccomendations that must keep in mind? :)

thank you very much in advance!

Unless you have software that runs a lot better on X64, you are better off with Vista Ultimate that is not designed for 64... as the 64 will only run better if you have the software specifically designed for it. Regular software will run more poorly... significantly so.

1. Yes
2. Daemon Tools
3. OpenOffice works. As does MS Office 2007 and 2003, 2000 and below doesn't work, and I'm not sure about Office XP.
4. VistaBootPro might be worth a look.
5. Nearly daily things will improve with Vista, don't be turned off if you run into some bumps along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back