Vista "sleep mode" crashes video

Status
Not open for further replies.

foozy

So i'm doing loads of Vista troubleshooting tonight, working out all the kinks. Got the sound, internet, and video working (mostly I think), but when I try to come back from low-power state standby or sleep mode, the computer freezes and my video goes all crazy. I get lovely streaks of green, like my desktop was just hit by a grain shredder, and it won't function anymore - if I hit the power button it'll shut down and work fine when I turn it back up again. I updated the drivers, least I thought I updated the drivers, from nVidias website.

Any ideas? Its integrated GeForce6100 graphics on the AM2 biostar board with the same name - by no means a gaming machine, just a cheaper workstation. Athlon 3500 and Home Premium if that makes a difference.

EDIT: i tried going into dxdiagnostics to disable agp texture acceleration, but it won't let me disable it, no button :(

Found the solution. The nVidia driver area is pretty confusing.

If anyone else is having trouble, the Vista nVidia GeForce drivers are all bundled together, go HERE to find them.

Hope that helps anyone else with the same problem.

Ah so that's what was causing the screwed up video. I heard that people were speculating problems with the kernel of Vista. HA. Good, I am glad it was just a driver issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back