Vista Standard User Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bellb

Hi, I am wanting too create a standard user account for my younger brother on my computer. so I go to control pannel and set the settings as standard account and then i go to log in as him, just to test it. He likes to play Call of Duty 4 like me but when you click on it, it says "Cannot write file - Hard Drive Probably Full", but i know this isnt true because there is still 136GB free space on the drive, can anyone help with this please!
Thanks

A standard user cannot access areas, such as C:\Program Files, C:\Windows, or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in registry

But Call of Duty reads from c:\Windows\cod.ini (or coduo.ini)
Therefore the game will not work with a Standard User, unless that user is given Administrative abilities (to allow access to Windows folder)

But if you think about it, allowing access to the Windows folder, means you should just make him an administrator account!!

Anyway, that's the reason

Ow, i didnt know that, thanks, but i dont want to be make him an admin because i dont want him snoooping on the computer, thats why i made him a standard account LOL, but if i cant be dont then he will have to do without and he will have to buy his own PC LOL, but thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back