Vista to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatesbluescreen

Hi!
I just built a new computer that has windows XP on it.

My computer that I am on right now (not the built one) has Windows Vista on it and is connected to the internet wireless with a router.
I want to get an internet connection coming from this computer to the built one using an ethernet cable (or LAN cable whatever you use to connect a computer to another computer)

Is this possible to do?
(sorry if this question is complicated...)

Thanks for any help! :)

Use a wired router. Connect the router to the Cable box and connect each computer to the router. This way each computer will connect to the Internet independently and you can share a printer or files and folders between systems easily

Yeah but the router is basically on the other side of my house and I only have about 4 or 5 feet of cable.

I connect the 2 computers together with that cable and when I look at my network connections in my wireless computer with Vista it says "unidentified source".
When I look at my computer with XP on it (the one I built) it dosn't even do anything and when I turn on the option to connect the internet to the XP computer throught the wireless Vista computer it would disconnect me from the internet untill I turn the option back off.

Can I even GET a network between Vista and XP?
And if I can do I HAVE to have the computer with XP hooked up to the wireless router?

It would be nice if I could just connect the 2 computer to eachother...

Thanks! :)
Oh, and I have connected the XP computer to the router before with the 4 or 5 foot cable. I do get internet connection on it so I know the cable works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back