Vista vr internet securty

Status
Not open for further replies.
New hp with Vista[ proberly basic] already on it. Using yahoo sbc mail swrvice, dsl. After 60 days Norton runs out. With Vista's built in securty, and sbc's built in securty, why do I need additional aniviris protiction.? Google search indicates norton,mcafee, & others causing much trouble with Vista. It would seem that i already have enought protection with out norton or others !? Your opion would be appreciated.

I dont use programs like that lol. Norton will slow down your computer and mess up your network. Mcafee cant get rid of stuff. Remember, your computer is only as smart as the user, just dont go to bad sites lol. You might want to think of installing www.superantispyware.com. I have used that on serveral computers that had norton/mcafee on them and it picked up 5 torjans that mcafee/norton didnt pick up.

thats right. Prevention is better than a cure as they say..

although a AV software to help things along just in case somethings happens isn't a bad thing at all.. and since your ISP doesn't protect you from other people plugging their USB drives (among other hard media), which could contain some nasties, especially if those drives in question have been to a public internet cafe's etc..

Get Avast! Home. Its free, works on vista, and all it requires you is just a simple registration. I actually reckon it works better than AVG... but thats my POV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back