Vista x64 and camera card reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have vista 64bit premium and I tried to connect my Fuji F30 up to my pc but it wouldn't install the drivers even though the camera should work with vista. So i bought a camera card reader which is plug and play and doesn't need drivers but for some reason it doesn't work either. I manually disablled windows from only allowing things to work which were digitally signed and that still doesn't do anything.

Any suggestions?

"doesn't work" means what? The plug doesn't go in the USB port? A giant red dialog box comes up and says "I won't work!"?

sorry i mean it plugs in and everything however it says the driver did not install successfully, however both items are plug and play and shouldn't require drivers

the card reader works on my xp laptop so i know its a vista problem

bit better?

Everything requires a driver. The salesman probably meant that the drivers are built in to Windows XP.

Check the reader manufacturer page for Vista drivers or suchlike. Or, just accept that Vista is broken :)

Might want to look for newer motherboard drivers too in case the problem is with the USB controller.

errr they don't require new drivers to be loaded as it works fine on xp, being plug and play it shouldn't require any

also my usb flash drive works fine with no drivers so my motherboard is fine...

sigh

Please, go to Device Manager, right click on your flash drive and see the "driver" tab. If it doesn't require a driver, why do we see one here?

Yes, most USB mass storage devices work fine with builtin drivers while others (including my card reader) require the manufacturer-supplied drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back