Vistas BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I ran in to a major problem. When I came back from eating I saw that my computer was restarted. When it came up to loading vista it had the BSOD. So I restarted again and same thing happened. I tried safe mode and BSOD still came up. Sometimes I am able to get in normally but only for a few minutes before the BSOD comes up again. I decided I would try to re-install vista but BSOD came up again.

Then I tried another time but this time I was able to get to ware it was installing but then the installed failed becuase of the BSOD came up after a few minutes. Now when I start of windows normally, it says its missing a file ( sorry I forgot what it was I will check again), This time its not a blue screen.

I tried these two things:

memtest86+ to test your memory

Hitachi’s Drive Fitness Test

I just dont know what they are really for. I know its to see if its a memory problem or a Hard drive problem but what do I report?

I hope you can help me thanks.

if memtest86+ comes up with errors u need new mem. run the test at least 7 passes. the Hitachi Drive Fitness Test is to test the hard drive and if it says the the hard drive has got errors then guess what u need a new hard drive, but it may be able to fix all errors although if it were mine I would not trust it for long that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back