Vob file editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having Home Movies (8mm) transferred to DVD, where they appear as Vob files. Now I need to download them to my computer and edit/title etc them before burning DVDs for distribution.
I have a Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - whether this acts as a Capture Card I do not know. I have Sony editing software and Microsoft Movie Maker (with XP).
Can anyone help please?

first off, piracy is highly illegal, if you are doing this for profit or selling copyrighted material stop now, it is not worth it. In order to import you 8mm film to DVD, you will need software with your buring to make an image out of it. First, you will have to import the video into a file type and size that you software can encode into dvd format. may i highly suggest you make VCD's for home footage for distribution, they cost less, and the 8mm tape you have will probably not be DVD quality video to begin with, so go with VCD's is my suggestion. There is a little bit of technical know-how needed to sucessfully import your files. Windows Media Encoder works well if you know how to use it.

Well unless he's being clever about it, I don't see any legality problems with him playing with dvd's he's created with his 8MM home videos.
But I'm assuming he's not lying, and that that when you make something into a "DVD" format on a PC for home DVD playing that it makes .vob files.

If he is pulling them in from 8MM film though that is his own, surely there is a way to play with it before its burned to disk. You just would have to import it into SOME format, after that there are literally 10s if not hundereds of programs and many are free that you can edit it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back