.vob files

Status
Not open for further replies.

gale

Copied a dvd movie to HD and attempted to copy same to DVD disc. Came up with a number of .vob files, each of which would play a portion of the movie. Is there anyway to join these vob files. Thanks.

Nope-the copy works in my pc but not my DVD player-
I guess you can buy different kinds of players-dunno

No you can't join VOB files and even if you could I wouldn't reccomend it. DVD files are meant to be like that.

You could demultiplex those VOB files to MPEG-2 clips, join them to one file, and burn it to a DVD disc as a regular file, but then you'd have to have a player that can play files like that. Some DVD players can play AVI files, so I guess some could play MPEG-2 files from ISO9660 discs too.

You can't just burn the contents of VIDEO_TS directory to ISO9660 DVD, not even an UDF / ISO9660 hybrid one, if you want it to work in normal DVD players. The files need to be burnt to specific locations on the disc on specific order. That's what DVD authoring software is for.

Cant get to ripping

I'm have a related issue, sort of. I'm not sure if this is a codec or region code or driver issue but when i open my ripping software, It's a freeware program that got very good user reviews. I get the error "Unable to read from D:\Video_ts\vts_01_1.vob" Does this ring any bells? anyone even know what im talking about? I have been looking around and havent found any solutions and only one or two similar instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back