Voodoo 5 and motherboard compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voodoo 5 and best motherboard

Hello there,

I was planning on upgrading my system, but a I've heard that Voodoo 5 is not compatible with some of the motherboards out there. Do you know of a very good mobo+card combo for an AMD Athlon 1500+ CPU. If so, what are your experiences with. Also what model of mobo do you have? Thanks.

Welcome

I know some users have reported problems running in windows XP with a Voodoo5 but not much about motherboards having problems with it. Could you post what you have heard?

Windows XP software compatibility site

Have a read here for information on tweaking and getting the most out of your voodoo card:
3dspotlight Voodoo 4/5 Tweak guide

The Voodoo5 should meet AGP regulartory dimensions so I can't see how there would be a problem... And the power supplied to all modern motherboard AGPs should be fine for it too. Saying that I have no hands on experience with the Voodoo5 but we have several regular members who own them, so hopefully they will be able to clear things up further.

What I heard is that some the voltage in some newer Intel MoBo is not compatible with this card. BTW, I have Windows98 SE.

[I haven't heard anything about this but since your looking at using an AMD cpu and intel don't do chipsets for AMD cpus (fun that ;) ) you should be ok.
But I suggest you wait and see what our Voodoo5 owning members have to add.

There was an issue with V5 Cards & the P4 motherboards ( that was when the P4 just came out mind you ). You could only use V4 cards.

I think this isn't a problem anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back