Voodoo Heatpipe Cooling System

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowman

Just wanted anyone's opinion on VoodooPC's Heatpipe Cooling System - no fans, totally silent and apparently (according to them) one hell of a cooling system. Of course they charge an arma dn a leg...just wanted some input from you all as to what you think about this approach to cooling a performance PC.

Well maybe no one knows this cooling system you're talking about ( I know I don't ).

Any links you could provide on the matter ? ;)

And very pricey I might add...they're trying to carve their own niche from Alienware's turf and a few others...I'm sure they are cool PCs, but I tricked one out on their site, and was over $11,000.00 in NO TIME...

That case is actually from Zalmann & has the particularity of being entirely passive.

There isn't a single fan in the whole system. The case is used as a huge heatsink to dissipate the heat from the CPU ( transfered from the CPU via heatpipes to the case panels ) & all the other components.

DSCN7943.jpg

DSCN7924.jpg

DSCN7929s.jpg

More picture -> Nokytech ( it's in French ).

that looks like a good idea but it will have to be worked on. it would be quiet. but is it worth the price tag?? i think not just pay out for some bigger sinks and a heap of arctic silver.

I'll never spend that kind of dough on a system...I just wanted people's opinions on the actual "physics" they have applied to tese types of systems...the idea of an almost completely silent system (no fans) is rather enticing...

Thnaks for the feedback Didou...

im thinking about getting a water cooling system pretty soon, i spose what people worry about and what they've been brought up thinking is ELECTRICITY + WATER = BAD, i know i have, but i think if/when water cooling comes into the mainstream (and i dont think it will do) it will become pretty normal to buy completely silent PC's that are water cooled, although i think Fans will play the primary role of cooling for a few years yet, saying that tho, cooling with heatsinks and fans is such an old technology i think there should deffinately be some kind of breakthrough by now in cooling, either that or cooler CPU's.

Toms Hardware had the right idea, Liquid Nitrogen is the future!! :grinthumb

Water cooling isn't completely silent, it has a pump that keeps the water moving and usually fans in the radiator.

LN2 isn't really practical either, it should be a closed system (or it would become quite expensive) and that in turn requires pretty serious compressor to keep it liquid.

Good points again Mic...I'd have to agree with you there - if the trade off is combersome and expensive add-ons, I'm happy to stick with my fans...cranking up my surround sound drowns out the soft purr of my fans anyway...

I just wanted to see what you all thought of Voodoo's stuff...

Well I think heatpipe is a neat invention, I'd like to have a passively cooled CPU heatsink using them. They're just quite expensive and I haven't seen one for Socket A.

My graphics card hasn't overheated with its heatpipe setup either, no fans :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back