voodoo5 pci drivers for windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

actionn

voodoo 5 pci drivers for windows xp

Well as an avid counterstrike player, nothing is more important to me than smooth gaming. My voodoo 5 will not run open gl smoothly in counterstrike. I had no problems with win 98 se, just xp. Can someone please find me somedrivers that will allow me to run counterstrike well on windows xp with my voodoo 5. plz list as many as you can find or know, many do not work.

i have the amigamerlin 2.1 set, counterstrike still runs at only 15-20 fps, can anybody help me??????????????

You can always try the x3dfx drivers. There aren't many VooDoo 5 users left so it won't be easy to troubleshoot it.:(

Try some of the others at http://www.voodoofiles.com if not could try Direct3D instead. Course getting a different graphics card would be the best choice.

Other than that be sure Trilinear filtering is disabled in the Game & you have the latest 3dfx minigl installed -> version 1.49, should be linked to in our voodoo 4/5 guide

The only people who can help you are the ones who own the card. We can't say which drivers will prove best in CS since you're the only one who has the card.

Or you could stop whinning, dump the V-5 and get an inexpensive GF-2,3, or 4. Prices are really falling on them! Then all your problems would be solved and you would have new ones ! ;)

Originally posted by actionn
or you could use the infinite knowledge ur sposed to have :)

'Scuse me...
Where does it say that anyone who posts in a forum is supposed to have infinite knowledge?
As far as I am aware only people attributed with this are gods of various religions. I am not aware of any non deity figure that possesses infinite knowledge, if you know of such a person please let me know about them as I would like to meet them. :rolleyes:

Several of our members (Uncleel included) have Voodoo 5 cards so if their advice is of no use then it looks like Voodoo support is almost dead :(

Originally posted by Arris
As far as I am aware only people attributed with this are gods of various religions. I am not aware of any non deity figure that possesses infinite knowledge, if you know of such a person please let me know about them as I would like to meet them. :rolleyes:
..and who's an Aztec God here :haha:

Originally posted by Rick
Infinite knowledge?

Look no further than me.

You know Rick for some reason, whenever I see a response from you, my head starts to ache, I wonder why that is ??

cs

does anyone know of a program besides wicked gl, that boosts fx in counterstrike? any tweaks are also welcome.

Merged Threads

(*mods note: merged threads)

For the sake of continuity, it's better to reply to your previous post. That way people can follow your problem & the story line. Anytime you reply to a previous post, it will be bumped to the top of the order, & further shows up in Today's Active Topics

Hey man.. I have a V5 5500 AGP.. I'm had some driver issues myself.. I'm using the Amigamerlin 2.1 set now and that seems to work pretty good (though I've had some problems with D3D/Glide with different games). All I can say is that Voodoofiles has a comprehensive list.. try them and see which works best.
Also: Microsoft released a compatible driver for the V5 AGP version at least.. I don't know about PCI. I found the Amiga ones better, but you can look and see.
Why they released it is beyond me.. but I thought it was cool.. maybe they'll release an updated one which works better! :p

Hope it helps,
Jeremy

cs problems

using wicked gl and the amigamerlin 2.1 driver set for windows xp and my voodoo 5 have taken a turn for the worse. When counter-strike starts up i have about 5 minutes of good gameplay (good fpps too), when for no reason cs locks up and i have to turn off the computer to restart. what can i do????

Try looking here:

http://www.3dspotlight.com/tweaks/cstrike/index.shtml

Maybe this guide can help you some more with your problem. If not then would you please post some system specs for us to ponder over so we can get a better understanding of your problem.

Sounds like you might have a heat problem if your computer locks up only 5 minutes into the game and your still getting good FPS. Trying finding out if your video card gets really hot when gaming. If this isn't the case then try to use different drivers and reinstalling wicked gl.

im overclocking my voodoo 5 pci, from 166 to180, so that could be it, i have a 500 mhz celeron running on windows xp home edition, 320mb of ram pc100, 17.0gb HD, lynksys DsL ethernet card.Amigamerlin 2.1 drivers set. somebody help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back