vote for donnagual as a paladin

Would you like to have DonNagual as a Paladin?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spartanslayer

I would like you guys to look at DonNagual and see if you could make him a paladin. In the short time I have been in TechSpot forums, he has helped me and many other people alot. He has 943 posts, and looks like a very good user. I hope you agree. By the way, the site is awesome. I'm having a blast, and getting alot of questions answered. Thanks alot.

Well thank you very much spartanslayter. Very kind of you.

You know when you call a major company like dell, the first person you speak to only has a really BASIC knowledge of computers? They are a 1st level technician. If they don't know the answer to your question, they pass you on to a 2nd level (someone who knows more than them).

Well, that's me. A 1st level type guy. I just answer the simple questions so the smart people don't have to. But hey, if techspot wants to make me a paladin, I'm game. I have never been one to make guesses when I answer. When I don't know the answer, I am not afraid to say "I don't know", and I think that is one of the most important things people can do here. To dangerous otherwise.

But from what I have seen, to be a paladin your level of knowledge needs to be pretty high and I'm the first to admit, I am not there.

Anyways, cheers spartanslayer!

Well if my vote mattered, I'd vote for you. Someone needs to ask the really simple questions after all :) I don't know that immense technical expertise is a precursor to paladin - I think perhaps the most important thing is to know when you truly know something, when you don't, when you have a hunch, and when you're just looking for the elusive needle in the haystack of possibilities.

After knowing, equally important it to say if it's opne of the latter three options :D.

Basically, just knowing when you're out of your depth I guess and admitting such, which is something you seem to have no problem doing - in my eyes that, along with everything else makes you paladin worthy (except perhaps for the length of your membership here, which I didn't look at.)

His length is fine

He's been a member for 1.5 years. I think thats long enough. You definatly deserve it. Good luck. Hope to see you around some more.

Yeah

A Paladin is a level above all of the other levels. You can't just get it by being in the forum for a year. You have to be recommended and show extrordinary service to the forum.

Interesting. Maybe you guys should have a roster list of who's who in these forums. There must be some top posters who add a lot of valuable content. They should be singled out and made known to all here.

Here is how you tell

When you post, look right below your name. Right now mine says Spartanslayer, and then under it is TechSpot Member. When someone is a paladin, instead of saying TechSpot Member, it will say, TechSpot Paladin.

Paladin

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
For other uses of Paladin, see Paladin (disambiguation).

A paladin is the prototypical "knight in shining armour," a hero of sterling character and courage, who rights wrongs and defends the weak and oppressed. The word comes from the Latin word palatinus ("attached to the palace") - compare palatine. The original paladins of legend appeared as the Twelve Peers of the Chanson de Roland and of the other chansons de geste and romances that told of the legendary court of King Charlemagne.

The list that appears in the Chanson de Roland is early and includes names that do not reappear in later chansons.

* Roland Charlemagne's nephew and the chief hero among the paladins
* Olivier Roland's friend and strongest ally
* Gérin
* Gérier
* Bérengier
* Otton
* Samson
* Engelier
* Ivon
* Ivoire
* Anséis
* Girard

The best known list of the paladins appears in the Italian epics of Tasso and Ariosto. They often named more than twelve, including:

* Astolpho, descended from Charles Martel and a cousin of Roland.
* Ferumbras (Fierabras) the Saracen who became a Christian
* Florismart, friend of Orlando
* Ganelon the betrayer, who appears in the Inferno by Dante Alighieri
* Guy de Bourgogne
* Namo (Namus or Naimon)
* Malagigi (Maugris) the sorcerer
* Ogier the Dane (in more recent years the subject of a story by Poul Anderson)
* Oliver, rival to Roland
* Otuel, another converted Saracen
* Rinaldo (Renaud de Montauban)
* Orlando (Roland, Charlemagne's nephew and the chief hero among the paladins

The list varies from romance to romance, but all feature Roland and Oliver. Others that are frequently included are Archbishop Turpin, Ogier the Dane, Huon of Bordeaux, Fierabras, Renaud de Montauban, and Ganelon.

Tales of the paladins of Charlemagne once rivalled the stories of King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table in popularity. Ludovico Ariosto and Torquato Tasso, whose works were once as widely read and respected as Shakespeare's, contributed most prominently to the literary/poetical reworking of the tales of the epic deeds of the paladins.

The tales told of the paladins took as their subject matter the wars between the Franks and the Moors during the Islamic conquests of Spain and their invasion of southern France. Their adventures became known as the "Matter of Charlemagne" or "Matter of France", even as the adventures of King Arthur and his knights classed as the "Matter of Britain."

The late nineteenth century Celtic revival benefitted the Arthurian material and encouraged its reworking and recirculation. No such aura of latter-day romance could assist the Charlemagne material, which remained strongly Christian and triumphalist in its presentation. As a result, 20th century readers know Arthur and his Camelot well while hearing little of the paladins of Charlemagne, who once enjoyed equal renown.

The paladins of Charlemagne gave their name to the paladin character class in Dungeons & Dragons and in other role playing games such as Final Fantasy XI, Ragnarok Online and WoW.

In modern language, the word paladin has been used to describe either a knight-errant, a valiant hero or a particularly loyal companion.
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin"

Categories: Matter of France | Stock characters | Knights

:slurp:

Whoever made the titles, they have given themselves away as an avid D&D player.

Common now, admit it. I was one of them too way back in the good ol' days.

My very first character I ever played was a paladin, but I changed over to druids later on. The paladins were cool and all, but just a little too.... goody two shoes. lol.

My very first character I ever played was a paladin, but I changed over to druids later on. The paladins were cool and all, but just a little too.... goody two shoes. lol.

Hey who are you calling goodie two shoes :p

Just kidding mate.

You`ve deffinitely got my vote.

I have read many of your posts with interest. I like your honesty, and your desire to help.

You`re always polite, constructive, and easily understood.

I think you are a credit to Techspot, and we`re lucky to have you onboard.

Regards Howard :) :)

Yeesh.

Coming from you, that means a LOT.

I have complete confidence in saying that you are the nicest person in the whole world. I don't even need to meet them all. It is that obvious.

Thank you Howard. Seriously.

Thumbs up!

I do not have a vote. If I did, I would join the the consensus. I have been posting here a short time only, but have found don nagual to be quite helpful in many posts, and never condescending, as some are wont to be. Kudos! ( I must also agree wholeheartedly with his assessment of Mr. Hopkins-san. Also add that HH and I have the same hairstyle, but not the same level of niceness)

In closing, are there any openings for Site Jester? :wave:

gary_hendricks said:
Sorry, but could I ask what is a 'paladin'. Is it a level you achieve in these boards?
From Community & Posting Guidelines:
First titles given to users are managed by the forum software and are based on your post count:

Newcomer in training: Self-explanatory.

TechSpot Member: Registered members with 50+ posts.

TechSpot Enthusiast: Registered members with 350+ posts.

TechSpot Booster: Registered members with 600+ posts.

TechSpot Addict: Registered members with 950+ posts.

This second tier of user titles is given manually:

TechSpot Paladin: “A strong supporter or defender of a cause”. In order to qualify for the Paladin title, a user must have been registered to the forums for at least 1 year and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Paladin title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot Chancellor: In order to qualify for this title, the user must have been registered to the forums for at least 2 years and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Chancellor title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot Ambassador: In order to qualify for this title, a user must have been registered to the forums for at least 3 years and must have remained in good standing. It’s not guaranteed you will be given the Ambassador title by just fulfilling these requirements however.

TechSpot and its staff members appreciate the time you spent helping and making the community grow, in a certain way, we use these special titles to show that appreciation for your efforts. Also note that given the nature of this second group of titles, you should feel free to nominate any of your fellow members, however asking to be granted any of these titles for your own, will bar you from consideration for several months.

Don has my vote!!!!

Don has helped me on various occasions and I repeatedly see his replies to others questions. His advice has always beem sound and when NO ONE else has replied Don has been there as in my last question posted this morning.

Three cheers and Thank you very much Don and the others like you who continue to help those of us who dig where we should maybe avoid.
Greg

Funny thing about AD&D

Paladin's are a royal pain in the **** to Dungeon Masters.

They always screw the adventure up. Like just about the time your group is ready to slay dragons,
the ***** Paladin hears a distant female voice cry'in for help. OOPS der he goes!
Now the group is down much needed help!

However, here @ TechSpot, they seem to have renewed Paladin definment!
I have yet to met a TechSpot Paladin, I don't like or don't admire.

IMHO, Don nagual may have filled a missing office,
"The Minister of Silly Walk'in" I have found him to be quite helpful and nice, even when he's attacked!

Just don't scare him, He'll send you a bill for underware :haha:

SOcRatEs said:
IMHO, Don nagual may have filled a missing office,
"The Minister of Silly Walk'in" I have found him to be quite helpful and nice, even when he's attacked!

Just don't scare him, He'll send you a bill for underware :haha:

I am still waiting for my new underwear by the way... you did send them right? :rolleyes:

Rest assured your voice is being heard, we are grateful of having another prominently helpful member such as DonNagual. The reason he hasn't been given the Paladin title yet is because I give upgrades on batches, at least most of the time that's why I do.

There are various reasons for that, to mention a couple: 1) lack of time for checking on member participation on a more regular basis, 2) because there might be the case other long-standing members could be overlooked, so I do smart searches based on performance and longetivity...

Of all the boards I've been on for the last 10yrs. This is by far the very best!
I'm not trying to brown nose for myself or Don. You guys put in alot of work,
that not everyone understands. Some of us are aware how much goes into a site like this, let alone this one.

Kinda wish we had a way to acknowledge you guy's better (TS staff)!

I wonder if you'd be interested in a reputation scale like the one used @
overclocker.net? I've never seen this kind before. Have a look (*when and if you have the time).

Thanks again, to everyone, who works hard in making TechSpot the
"Technology HOT Spot!!!" IMHO

P.S.
Minister of Silly Walkin said:
I am still waiting for my new underwear by the way... you did send them right?
I got that Scarey video from my roomate, who thought I really did need to send some help to Japan! She bought some for me to send to you and she's asking for an address. :haha:
So, no they have not as yet been sent. Do pink thongs interest you? :unch:

Back