VPN Setup on Windows 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
VPN Setup on Windows 2003 - ANY OTHER IDEAS?

I run trying to run a VPN server on Windows 2003. I have allowed port 1743 through the company firewall for PPTP.

I have also allowed access to login through VPN on account profiles. When I try to connect to the VPN it says "Connecting to vpn.theserver.com". It then says "Verifying Username and Password..." It hangs there for a minute and comes back saying "Error 721, The Remote Computer did not responed".

If I stop the VPN server service I never get "Verifying User..." It just never connects. So this tells me its making it through the firewall. Has anyone had a problem like this and know of to fix it?

Thank you.
Chris Taylor

HI Chris,

Sounds like an authentication issue, the problem could lie with your router..have you configured your router to allow a range of IP address?

No sir, I have basicly allowed anyone to access through the router (For testing Purposes) to that port. If I block the port on the router I never get the status: "Verifying Username and Password..." However when i open the port I get that status and it just hangs.

Any other ideas?
Thank you

I know this is late, and i'm sorry if I'm digging it up for nothing but:

PPTP is port 1723, not 1743

Also you may need to allow GRE protocol as well.

Did you ever figure this one out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back