Vtruckdgb

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i try to install road runner which is a cable internet service i get an error saying VTruckDBG is missing and it won't load... Any Ideas? Thanks in advance
Shana

Originally posted by Shana27
When i try to install road runner which is a cable internet service i get an error saying VTruckDBG is missing and it won't load... Any Ideas? Thanks in advance
Shana

May I ask what OS you are using (Windows 95/98/Me/2000/XP etc..)?

The more information you provide about your problem and about your computer, the more we can help you out.

Some general tips when installing new software is to make sure your virus scanner is disabled. It also doesn't hurt to make certain all of your programs that are open are closed, including those in your sysetm tray.

I've dealt with a simliar error, dealing with a vtruck.exe file. It was caused by an outdated Winsock file. This is why I'd like to know what OS you are using. If it is 95 or 98, then it is possible your Winsock needs to be updated. Winsock is part of the Windows operating system and you can get the updates you need at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

vtruckdbg

I'm having a problem installing boradband cable internet and this message comes up and cuts the installation off. How do I get any further?

If you have another form of Internet access, try visiting http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

If this is related to the same problem I'm familiar with dealing with winsock, then this should fix it.

If you are using Windows Me, 2000 or XP, then this should not be a problem. You likely have some sort of operating system issues or the software itself was just poorly designed.

I would suggest also disabling any virus scanners or installation cleaners (like cleansweep), as they may be interfering with the installation process.

VTruckDbg

Hey, I've been looking on your forums and have noticed that a few of you have been having the same problem as me. My brother recently bought a Advent Laptop, and when we went to install NTL 600k Broadband, the VTruckDbg error came up and closed the install program. Below are the specs from my brothers laptop that I know of:
Windows XP.
512 MB DDR ram.
Pentium 4/Intel Celeron processor.
40GB hard drive.
Geforce FX graphics card.
At the moment that is all I know of. I'm not quite sure if the laptop has AntiVirus software installed but when I looked I could not locate one. My Broadband modem connects into the USB port.
NTL broadband is the only internet access we have on the laptop and because we can't install it, we haveno internet access at the moment so i cannot go onto the microsoft site to update. I do however have NTL broadband on my pc would there be anyway thatI could connect the laptop to the pc and update like that?
Any help will be much appreciated. Eric

As a workaround, you can try just manually installing the drivers for the cable modem, and then just plug into it - you should be able to get an ip address since the connection will be live...most of the software for the actual "consoles" that they write for their service are garbage...I have never installed one myself...but I have never used Roadrunner...

I've never installed the software either and I have 6 PCs through a switch/hub and a router and I use Roadrunner. Try ditching the software and just plug in. Roadrunner Rocks!

I had a similar problem when going to cable broadband and had to uninstall network driver from device manager and then reinstall from same location. The drivers were located on motherboard disk for ethernet and 1394 adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back