W00t! overclocking is sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

an0nym0us

so i got bored and decided that 3.4ghz wasn't enough so i took it to 3.9ghz. i'm happy to say that it's stable. Abit's EQ software reports that the CPU is running at 46 deg. C idle and 53 at load.

here's the current setup:
Abit AS8 (865PE-ICH5)
Thermaltake Silent775 HSF with 90mm funneled fan
2x512mb Corsair XMS 2-3-3-6
Intel 550 3.4HT
eVGA Nvidia 6800 128mb AGP @398/790mhz
74gb WD Raptor (OS/Apps)
160gb Seagate IDE
200gb Maxtor IDE
Lite-On DVD-RW

here's what i did to overclock it:
230FSB
Vcore 1.4125 (only registers as 1.384 on CPU-Z)
5:4 ram divider
set latencies to 2.5-3-3-7
ram runs @ 184

cpuz3.9.jpg

cpuz3.92.jpg

can't wait to see what a 3.4ghz conroe is like if a 3.9ghz single core prescott is this fast.

please make some suggestions as to what i should do next now that i've got this thing running at 3.9. should i shoot for higher or mess with the ram? is this a decent overclock considering my setup?

Without increasing voltage, I can bring my northwood 2.4 to 3.31ghz. I can boot at 3.4ghz, but it isn't stable. Northwood rocks.

CMH said:
Best of all, YES
nice i give you props for that. it's time to move on to conroe for me. i was just overclocking this thing so i could use it as a folding machine. it's at 4.017 now (236*17) and i'm gonna Prime95 overnight.

I'm waiting for a good Conroe m/b (and for all Conroe bugs to be sorted out) and for a few other things (DX10, stabilization of DX10 card prices, Vista) before getting a new PC. Looking to get a micro-ATX sff cube case, so it might take some time for a good micro-atx m/b to come out which is why I might as well wait for Vista.

CMH said:
I'm waiting for a good Conroe m/b (and for all Conroe bugs to be sorted out) and for a few other things (DX10, stabilization of DX10 card prices, Vista) before getting a new PC. Looking to get a micro-ATX sff cube case, so it might take some time for a good micro-atx m/b to come out which is why I might as well wait for Vista.
my conroe is already on it's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back