W32/Dialer.gen!EEH

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNeaKY_BuGGeR

Fricken thing has messed up my comp for days now.. causing crashes hangs and general **** ripping aggrovation..

Made the mistake of leaving my antivirus etc off and got infected with this.

I need help cos I am a noob at this stuff and hope that you guys can give me some good advice.... loves ya! x x x xx xx

Those scans that you ask to do start and do not finish

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow as many of the instructions as you can.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of SNeaKY_BuGGeR only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks matey

Right having thoroughly researched the web I have managed to delete most of the ****e... So my comp works well enough to actually do this stuff... LOL

Any Hoo all of that stuff is done and this is the log:

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

You did not post an AVG Antispyware log as requested. Please do so and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of SNeaKY_BuGGeR only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thankyou darling! Mwa mwa mwa x x x

Cheers mate, sorry bout the virus log that you asked for but to be honest I could not be arsed to download another antivirus programme...

I found out loads of information on this website by reading through other posts.. I learned that these viruses grow after they first dl and hide themselves in folders in your windows folders then set up reg keys to make sure that they restart when you reboot.

I managed to locate most of the offending ****e by opening task manager and then google searching every open process until I found te nasties.. So I manged to clean most of the rubbish off by the time that I got your reply.. I also have a programme called cyber scrub which I used to delete the offending .exe progs because they were protected and I could not manually delete them..

I would very much like to express my thanks to you guys who regularly post in these forums and help us novices out through the crap that are viruses and trojans etc!

If I ever meet someone bragging about writing a great virus I would chop off thier head and ram it up thier backside!

Three days of hangs and restarts and crying and regedit and wailing...

A MASSIVE THANKS GUYS EVERSO MUCH!!!

P.S. thanks to you the log files just says scan complete no malware found... Yee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back