W32.Myzor.FK@yf ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,i"m new to all of this but I having the same problem!!

I don't know what's going on with my computer but I have this flashing symbal in my task bar that flashes green and red and every few seconds a red message pops up saying my computer is infected and that I need use antimalware.

Also When I start IE a website 'www.safeteyuptodate.com' apears and a window pops up with a message saying I have this virus 'W32.Myzor.FK@yf'

what's going on? What steps should I take?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions. Start at step 3, then do steps 1/2/4 etc.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment, into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

P.s I have moved your post to it`s own thread.

I have merged your latest thread into this one.

Please follow the instructions I gave you in my first reply. Thanks.

Regards Howard :)

paranoid guy.

Every set of instructions is particular to each individual case.

So, it`s not a good idea to point someone to another thread, even if there are similarities.

:blush: Oh, ok man sorry about that. I'll have to learn a bit more about this sort of thing before I try that again :D I still have that "learn how to read hijackthis logfiles" page bookmarked... :unch:
Apologies, won't happen again.

No problem mate.

I learned from reading RBS`s posts and also researching via Google and Yahoo.

In my instructions HERE. It is normal to start at step 1. However, with the W32.Myzor.FK@yf infection, which is a fairly new variant of the SmitFraud infection. It is important to start at step 3 of the instructions and then do steps 1/2/4 etc.

Edit: I have edited my instructions HERE to reflect the W32.Myzor.FK@yf infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back