W32.Myzor.FK@yf!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone, especially those who are saving us from anoying malware wipes ect. I have zhe same problem as many of you so here is a quote of a guy who had the same problem....sorry about my english i am from "another planet":)

trahcwolf said:
8:30...
Windows xp booted well, and Microsoft Defender caught
a possible hijacker...was just a new setting
(I began to have faith)
AVG began downloading a new definition file
(Great for free...I may have to buy it)
Webroot SpySweeper full scan found nothing.
MSIE started and went straight to windowsupdate/V6/default.asp
stating I needed to turn on automatic updates, etc...
When I typed into the address box www.yahoo.com, the
browser immediately went to
www.securitybulletin.net,
stating my pc was infected with
W32.Myzor.FK@yf virus

I viewed the webpage's source code to find that virus's name
was in the page source, and not some "found virus" on my system.

Also in the text of that page were the following site names:
www.pesttrap.com
www.malwarewipe.com
www.thespyguard.com

That popup saying my pc is infected has not reappeared yet...

Not sure if Error Nuker is worth trying yet...paid for it, installed
it on laptop, and it sems to have done nothing.
Tried to install it on desktop, I was told I have to buy another copy
for my desktop...??? By the way, the same results showed on the free
online scan as fully registered, even after it supposedly fixed all
errors...hmmmmmmmm

I put all of the sites mentioned into my security settings as
restricted sites. Saved a copy of my hijackthis log, and am about to
reboot, then try finding a site to send the Hijackthis log to

9:36
Home/start page is now securitybulletin.net
When navigating to mail, I am told I need to install Flashplayer 8...
Deleted trash, and sent to www.dnserror404.html
and told to install spytrooper...

Seeking some resolution...
Any help greatly appreciated...

(Hijackthis log is attached to this message)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread. This will save any confusion.

Please go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of wildhearted only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Mywebsearch
Viewpoint
Viewmanager

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

FreezeScreenSaver

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

FreezeScreenSaver.exe
ViewMgr.exe
mwsoemon.exe
Microsoft.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.najdi.si/

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [My Web Search Bar] rundll32 C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\2.bin\MWSBAR.DLL,S

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\2.bin\mwsoemon.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [startkey] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\2.bin\mwsoemon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [startkey] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/menusearch.jhtml?p=ZNxdm745YYSI

O16 - DPF: {2FE7FE31-D884-4FB1-96B5-51C988170CED} (ActiVideoWeb40.CaptureControl) - http://video.myvideotalk.com/ocx/@ctiVideoWeb40.CAB

Fix all 018_Protocol entries.

O23 - Service: FreezeScreenSaver - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\FreezeScreenSaver.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\FreezeScreenSaver.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Microsoft.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1 Delete the entire mywebsearch folder.
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of wildhearted only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hello!

Now i did some damage of my own. I was not being too carefull so i did something wrong. I started HJT and i checked all not just thing you said and of course i fixed it too. So now if i go to device manager there is nothing there,no devices. What now???

That was a little silly lol.

Run HJT and click on the config button, followed by the backups button. Place a tick in the little box next to every entry and click the restore button. Click yes.

Reboot your computer, then follow the instructions I gave you.

problem solved

Amm....not just a little silly but... anyway...long story short, my pc collapsed totaly so i had to start all over...now its ok and many thanks guys for your help

Ok mate, no problem.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back