w32.Myzor.FK@yf

Status
Not open for further replies.

theunky

any knowledgeable folks around here please help!!!

as you guessed from the title, im having issues with this damn trojan virus. I have performed a spybot scan and removed all the offenders that threw up. I have just downloaded HiJackThis and my log is attached.

any help would be fab. I've seen some forum articles replied to with regards to this, but my log of course is slightly different. I dont want to delete anything that would cause problems.

please help me get rid of this!!

thanks greatly

dave nicholls

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of theunky only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Please re-read the instructions. You were asked to rename hijackthis.exe, you have not done so.

From your log - C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

It is very important to do this as some spyware is able to hide from hijackthis.

You will then need to post a fresh HJT log.

This thread is for the use of theunky only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i have renamed the exe, but the log file still saves itself as hijackthis.log. hope this is correct. thanks again.

if anyone could have a look at my log and advise me of where to go next, that would be cool! thanks again.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BEC75200-6216-463A-A1EC-8CBED0A6C41B}: NameServer = 212.23.3.100,212.23.6.100

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{EFC89526-E1A3-48A9-8C7A-BBF0259E0B98}: NameServer = 212.23.6.35,212.23.6.11

Only fix the above 017 entries if they don`t belong to your ISP, or you don`t recognise the domain.

O21 - SSODL: carbinyl - {8d8c2387-7f80-4022-9be6-43630a969558} - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your computer. Post a fresh HJT log and let us know if you`re still having problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

cheers fella. my machine does seem to be running ok now - no silly popups etc or changed homepages and no system tray icons (sys alert! etc.) does everything look ok with this log? cheers! :)

Your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for your help! really appreciate it. saved me a lot of hassle! hopefully won't be starting a thread on this subject again!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back