Wal-Mart = Expensive videogames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Wal-Mart has built its reputation as the discounting price-leader on a broad range of products, but a new report suggest it is being undercut by rivals when it comes to video games.

Piper Jaffray video game analyst Tony Gikas released a survey on Wednesday showing that Wal-Mart ranked as the most expensive overall of seven retailers based on the price for a market basket of 30 game titles.

Read more: Boston.com.

I don't know man i have noticed that myself abou the jump in prices at Wal-Mart compared to most other ratailers who sale the same title.. I used to buy all my games from WalleyMart but not anymore cause i have noticed the price diff very much.. alls well that ends well i guess..

**chants** TARGET, TARGET, TARGET
.....wallyworld..has gotten kinda rediculous in games.... what a shame

oh god, you guys will love this

at our local walmart they sell a few videocards, now I'm sure all walmart outlets do (and I'm sure there's a few decent cards sitting in a walmart somewhere).. but the selection is terrible, they have four models to choose from, (radeon 9550, radeon 9200 pci and agp, geforce mx4000, and geforce 5500 pci and agp). one would think these would all be priced appropriately, and obviously these are all relatively alike, in the sense that they're basically low-end cards...

anyways, these four cards at our walmart as of 4/21/06 cost $115-$140, plus they've been there for almost two years now, probably dropped and shaken everyday.. I wouldn't be surprised if none of these worked anymore.. they never lowered the price of these cards in the entire time they've been sitting on the shelf...

I'd never trust wal-mart for computer hardware/software

couldn't agree with tedster more..i think ive only been a walmart 2 times..and those 2 times were probably the worst experiences of my life

something about big fat ladies in pink spandex chewing bubble gum with 5 or 6 brats tagging along (obviously with different fathers) hogging up the already too long line with a cashier that can't speak english and probably doesn't even have a GED who cards me for an "R" movie when I look at least twice the age of an 18 year old. The line is so long it backs me up into an already overcrowded and merchandise debris filled isle filled with inferior products made in communist china. Also pushing my defective shopping cart around illegal aliens whose kid has just knocked over a bottle of sticky soda on the floor on the way to an extremely crowded parking lot on a very hot day to get to my new truck (in lot Q47) who some ***** has just scratched the paint with his door only to find there are 3 parking lot vultures who won't let me back out because they are fighting over my spot.

That's why I don't shop at Wal-mart.

lol..man i cannot tell you how much i agree with that statement...i dont know how you can fit in in texas with that kind of opinion. i live in arizona and when i was reading that i felt like i was having a flashback...its funny because you get out of the walmart that just took out 40 neighberhood business and go home and you see a commercial for walmart talking about how much they care about the community.

Hahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah; tedster, you're my hero (in this thread)

that was golden

I didn't come to central Texas by choice.
I love west Texas (El Paso) and the south west. You can have central Texas.
I lived in El Paso off and on for almost 9 years.

The Army moved me to central Texas. As soon as I get back from the sandbox, I'm requesting a transfer.
----------------------------------

ah.... not a hero- just doing my obligation to my country (as should every well-bodied American)... only thing is... I found out I liked it..... been doing it for 15 years.

--------------------
I only shop in Walmart in emergencies (on the road). Normally I'm a PX junkie. (It's tax free.)

twite said:
lol..man i cannot tell you how much i agree with that statement...i dont know how you can fit in in texas with that kind of opinion. i live in arizona and when i was reading that i felt like i was having a flashback...its funny because you get out of the walmart that just took out 40 neighberhood business and go home and you see a commercial for walmart talking about how much they care about the community.
I pride myself on not being "average"

I am a republican, self-educated (I put myself through college and I am still working on my masters degree), and conservative.

After serving 3 years on recruiting duty, I was astounded how dumb the average citizen was. People with college degrees and high school diplomas couldn't even pass a basic Army admission test (which is no rocket science - only basic math and english) and were enormously ignorant of history and geography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back