Wanna upgrade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
my laptop. I only wanna go so far as the RAM and CPU, since the panels for them are on the bottom of the laptop. Well, the thing is, I WANT to upgrade it. I don't know if it's worth it though. I have a refurbed HP Omnibook 6000 P3 597mhz, 256mb ram. I would like to change the cpu to something faster (of course) and about 512mb of ram. If possible (i know its hard but im up for a challenge) maybe ill change the 8mb video card.

so, what do you think? is it worth it to upgrade this thing?

You are not going to be able to upgrade that box very much. max Processor, and just guessing here but would probably be less than a 1000Mhz.

You would be better off just going out to dell or one of the others and purchase you an new laptop.

dell had a few deals with laptops starting around 500 bucks if i remember correctly, of course that was after rebates. I will check more on you system specs though for exact upgrades

Max supported ram on that laptop is 512Mb 100MHZ SDRAM.

from what it looks like max supported processor is a 700MHZ Intel Mobile Pentium III.

So its not even worth trying to upgrade in my opinion. sell it on ebay and buy a new one.

well that sucks. I need to keep this one too. Maybe just a little more ram.

How about my desktop? its about 5 years old I think. Gateway E-4600 I believe. P4 1.4ghz, 128mb rdram, 32mb video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back