Want a better system( any suggestions )

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baltan

Hi all

I would like to build a better computer than the one i have at the moment.

current system:

Antler supercase with 350 w power supply
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
17 inch LG flat screen monitor
Geil 512mb (RAM)
160 GB seagate barracuda HD
Graphics card gigabyte nividia fx 5200 8x agp
nec cd/dvd wrotter combo
geil keboard and mouse
mother board: Gigabyte GA-K8NS nForce3 250 Skt 754 1000FSB, DDR400, SATA RAID LAN, 8ch Audio, USB2, ATX

Any suggestions on a newr better computer plz

Baltan

Well u should try to change the mobo...and get onw with PCIe and Dual Channel,
Change the Vid card to a lets say...G7 Series or Radeon X1k Series..u should get at least 1 gb ram and..an athlon 3500+ or more.ON Socket 939

well i though t i would make the title a little different!

Any one got any suggestions then on a better system.

thanks eazy_duz_em for the reply

Baltan

You should change of socket type.

There's either 939 or in a few weeks, AM2.

Until next year, there should be absolutely no difference between both except that 939 will be cheaper and you will be able to get cheaper RAM for it. The performance difference is too small between both. But in 2007 they should come with quad-core and similar things on the AM2 socket, but not 939.

But if you decide to get an Opteron, you have to get 939 (Apparently there are going to be no Opterons on AM2)

For graphic cards, Geforce 7800 + or X1800 +

i assume your on a budget just like the most of us, i would go with the socket 939 so you wont have to get a whole new mobo to support your psu and your new cpu, and maybe get a 24 pin mobo, 20 pins are soon leaving the scene.

remember think for the future too.

if ur gonna use it 4 gaming then opt for the awesome AMD Athlon X2 4800+ CPU and more RAM i would wait a little bit though b/c AMD is going to be swtiching their sockets soon and if you have an old socket then you wont be able to upgrade in future

so do you guys suggest sticking with my current system and waiting till 2007??

i would definitly wait until 2007, even if u have to stick with the anxiety for a new system since as i said earlier AMD and Intel are going to be switching there sockets and think of all the new stuf that they r gonna have in 07' do what u want but if i were u i would wait (windows Vista comes out late 06' early 07')

alrite cheers i think i can bear my curreent system and wait a little longer lol

Baltan

Status
Not open for further replies.