want to burn a bin file and have no cue sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmike

hi,

I have a bin file of a game that I want to burn to CD and it has no cue sheet.

I have Nero 6.3.1.6 on my XP Pro system but have so far only manged to burn copies of the bin file when what I want is a cd that will allow me to install the game from it :)

This morning after reading through some posts I came across recommendations for CD Mate and Alcohol 120% and downloaded both of them.

So far I've managed to create 4 partially burned Cd's with a bin file on each of them.

Information on how to do this correctly would be appreciated. I'm relatively computer literate but (obviously) weak in this area.

thanks,

Michael

tried mounting with daemon

just an update to my post

I downloaded daemon and after mounting a virtual drive attempted to mount the bin file but daemon doesn't see it as an 'image' file which it really isn't of course.

So what am I missing here ?

thanks

Mike

Well, you should have gotten a .cue file too when you made the backup of your original game CD. (You still have the original media, right?). Maybe try making the backup again?

Nodsu said:
Well, you should have gotten a .cue file too when you made the backup of your original game CD. (You still have the original media, right?). Maybe try making the backup again?

it seems there is some corruption somewhere :-(

I downloaded a program which seems really great for doing these kind of conversions and it's very user friendly !

Called MagicIso

I no longer have the original game but it's not the end of the world.

I learnt a lot going through this process.

thanks for your post,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back