want to change my video card...need suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

totalgruzin

hey guys i currently bought a sapphire radeon 9600 256mb AGP
umm....im not quite satified with the performance and my video (wmv) looks like crap

now i was thinking of buying this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121197

its 128mb but i heard that memory isnt that important for world of warcraft (which is the ONLY game i play)

if that card is no good can u guys suggest a good one?
sorry to say...i cant go over the price you see for the above one :(

the 9600 should be able to play that game well
post your system specs

but you will need to get atlest a 6600gt to notce much increcs imo

if you can go an extra 7 dollors over dudget get the ati 9800 PRO great card despit its age

Don't get the 9800pro previously mentioned. It is not a true 9800pro. It only has 4 piplines and 128bit memory interface. A true pro has 256bit interface (not something you can change). It's a waste of money. Better get a 6600GT. They outperform a 9800pro for less money. That's what I'm going to get.

yea...6600GT is nice 500/1000 at 128 MB for only $122 at newegg!!! it's a steal hehe but um....yea memory isn't the only thing...memory only holds data...how fast you can transfer that data is wat determines real speed...so bit rate and clocking frequency i.e. 500/1000 is important...doesn't matter how big your backpack is...only matters how fast u can run with it on your spine

thats cool but a little too expensive :( and its not in stock....the rma on my card is running out fast....
k lemme ask u guys this....the card i mentioned in my first post....is it better than an r9600??
also u guys should know, my 9600 doesnt have a fan...so OC is out of the question (and it doesnt have a connector for a fan so i cant buy one) and if i buy the card i mentioned...it will recieve big time OC (my new PS should definetly handle it)
if i get it...i will OC to 450/700 (more than one reviewers have done this and said its perfectly stable, with the default fan!)
also...i would pay a few dollars more for that sweet GT...but i dont have pci-e

actually both the 9600 and 6600 are 128 bit, but the radeon is 325/400 while the 6600 is 300/550...so not much difference there...but if you're going to o/c the 6600...then by all means..just buy it...i always hated researching for days and finally end up buying nothing because the sale ended or sumthing hehehe

oh man....lol...i dunno if i should pay 40+ dollars more if the difference isnt big :suspiciou
i dunno what to do!!! aaahhhh!!
i need more opinions
if u guys can help me find a good deal, thatd be great...my budget is no more than 115 and all i play is WoW

oh btw...someone wanted to know my specs
intel D865GLC
celeron 2.13
768 ram (512+256)
sapphire radeon 9600 256mb AGP
xclio 450w PS (just got this yesterday, reviews said its awesome! and it can handle more than what it says in the specs)

i spent a whole day tweaking graphics settings to get the best overall result...
ATM i run wow at 30ish fps when moving and looking straight, 60+ inside....while maintaining > average graphics
the only problem is the sharpness of the graphics (everything in the distance is blurry) now i know that antirosopic(sp?) filtering fixes this but if i go more than 2x my fps drops dramitically

basically what im asking for is 30+fps (MORE than playable) BUT also sharp graphics...the damn blurriness is pissing me off

okey..yes...replace it...either the $112 6600 or the $120 6600 GT...the call is yours..shell out a few more bucks for the GT or not.....choices choices....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back