Want to Delete a .dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: How can I delete a .dll that my Windows 2000 Pro is using? I tried Safe Mode with no luck. I have a "dfdl.dll" Adware that I want to delete.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE RESPONDED TO ME. THROUGH YOUR SUGGETIONS I WAS ABLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

THANKS FOR BEING THERE.

Hi, Go here..... http://www.gibinsoft.net/ and check out the moveonboot free program they have... It's under file utillities. I've used it and it works fine for that sort of thing...just set it to delete whatever you want on the next boot...good luck ;-)

Spybot S&D has an option to run at startup that can usually deal with such files as well. Very rarely does it not find a way to fix those things, but it does happen.

You can also google the file for removal directions. BTW Blake7 and mrdak.. welcome to techspot!

You can try disabling the thing that loads that dll from your startup programs.
Also try booting into safe mode and deleting the .dll.
And you can always use the Recovery Console to remove all sorts of system files :p

For some reason or another, my "System" folder opens up on start up. It's not in my start up file. I think it's a .dll, but there's a ton of them and adware and spybot haven't found it yet. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back