Want to install RAM module, don't know what type or spec. of RAM to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey whta's up, basically need to install a RAM module from TradeMe(Ebay) but don't know what type to install.
Comp Spec:

Intel Pentium III 866MHz, 128 Mb RAM

help!!??

update

howdy, well I have found out that my 866 can support a max of 512Mb (does this soud right), so basically I have to get a 256Mb stick to fit into the spare slot (will upgrade the current 128Mb stick later), basically the only thing I am unsure about is Static RAM (I think SDRAM??) PC rating, (like PC130), what is this, anyone????

thx

do you still have the manual for your mobo? check with that if it can take sdram or otherwise..

PC130 is the type of model it is.. i think it refers to its speed as well (cant remember right now..)
SDRAM is one of the types of ram that a mobo can take (SD, DDR, DDR2 etc..), as the notches are usualy different and one way, although some are similar enough to do both but would probably crash your system...

although you can add it in now (gives you a total of +-384mb ram), it is prefered if you got both same model, size and make/brands (or matched pairs better).. it decreases the chances of incompatibility and headaches for your computer..

thanks

hey thanks for the reply, I will try and find out what type of RAM my motherboard can take, and will be careful with two RAM disparate RAM type.
thx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back