Want to put 2 19in monitors together to make one big screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIRwILLETT

i have an hp media center pc m7360n with a 19in monitor and i would like to double my pleasure with 2 19in monitors, but i dont have another vga hookup or slot w/e u call it, but i do have a dvi slot, so my question is can i use the dvi or do i need another vga slot and if so what do i do?
pls help i need this bad 38inches would be bad ace

Get a DVI to VGA converter, or use the current DVI witha flat screen (not CRT). You card also needs to be able to display 'dual display' (as most of the nVidia cards do).

difference in picture quality?

detrunks said:
Get a DVI to VGA converter, or use the current DVI witha flat screen (not CRT). You card also needs to be able to display 'dual display' (as most of the nVidia cards do).

yeah im going to put to flat screens together, but will there be any difference in picture quality if im using a dvi on one and vga on the other?

DVI is digital and VGA is analog. If you already using an LCD display you should have been using the DVI connection in the 1st place! You may notice the VGA connected monitor to have a slighly worse pic (usually distortion/lack of sharp edges).

i would have

detrunks said:
DVI is digital and VGA is analog. If you already using an LCD display you should have been using the DVI connection in the 1st place! You may notice the VGA connected monitor to have a slighly worse pic (usually distortion/lack of sharp edges).
my comp didnt come with one, so heres another question is ther a way i can get another dvi slot? b/c i wil notice the difference in quality and that will aggravate me sumthing serious

If your LCD doesn't have DVI then you are using analog, if it does have dvi like detrunks said you should have been using it.

Likely your card came with a DVI to VGA connector, but if it didn't you should be able to find one cheap.

As for quality, if you have to use the DVI to VGA connector you are going from digital to analog, so there won't be any quality difference, since you are using analog on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back