Warcraft 3 Crashing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings All,

I've had my current system running now for about 4/5 years. It's been very reliable for most games, up until the past 2 weeks. About a month ago, I upgraded my Video Card and added a new Hard Drive;

Original System
AMD 2600+
A7N8X Deluxe
AIW 9600 XT
2x512 Kingston Ram
90G Hard Drive (With Windows XP) IDE
370W Antec Power Supply.

Upgrades
Sapphire Radeon X1650 Pro
Media Storage Hard Drive, Western Digital 150G SATA.

EDIT: ALL DRIVERS ARE UPDATED.

About two weeks after these two new items were successfully installed, I started getting crashes during Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne. These crashes would be during the game and would freeze up the entire system. No tabbing, no nothing. These happen mostly every game now, and when they do, I hear a little click or two coming from my PC Case. I cannot identify whether it is the Hard Drive, Processor or GPU. Either way, I just formatted my HD today hoping it would cure the problem, but about 15 minutes ago I experienced another crash.

I really don't know what the problem is. It also seems strange that these crashes would occur 2 weeks after the installation of the new hardware. As far as I know this is the only game it occurs in, I've played Counter Strike, all be it rarely but I've never encountered a crash during that game.

In conclusion, I really am baffled as to what's causing these crashes. Please help me folks. Also, I do have a Lian Li case and I believe sufficient cooling.

I also have experience crashes in CSS when alt tabbing after installing a new HDD. If its happening with W3, try doing a clean install of it, try the same with css. Might also be worth doing a scan for viruses and spyware. Also check your cpu and memory usage to see if its being maxed out.

Ph30nIX said:
I also have experience crashes in CSS when alt tabbing after installing a new HDD. If its happening with W3, try doing a clean install of it, try the same with css. Might also be worth doing a scan for viruses and spyware. Also check your cpu and memory usage to see if its being maxed out.

Well, newly formatted so viruses/spyware not an issue. CPU/Mem usage is fine. Also, the game isnt on the new HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back