Warcraft over a school LAN through a router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a router so that I could hook up my laptop and my PC to the school network here at drexel. I can connect to the internet well enough but I can no longer see any warcraft 3 games being created on the drexel network while my computer is hooked up through the router. I tried enabling the port and a few other things but nothing has worked thus far. If any of you know of a solution which might help i would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

I have no idea but maybe Warcraft 3 uses IPX? Routers usually are unable to route IPX.

Another thing to try is joining the game manually (if such a thing is possible in WC). The ongoing game data is probably sent out using broadcasts and routers do not let that through. SO you may be able to join by manually punching in the server IP or whatever the WC3 network game wants.

Why do you have to use the router to connect to the school network? Can't you just plug in the laptop directly?

You might want to check if youre WC is the same version on both computers, if it isn't servers wont appear. Alternately, you could check if you can acces the hosts computer, a school network might be several unconnected parts for better security

Way to go resurrecting a thread over two years old :)

I'm pretty sure rage has grown out of kids' games by now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back