Warner Bros. delays Gotham Knights until 2022

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Warner Bros. Games Montreal has confirmed that Gotham Knights won’t arrive as originally scheduled this year. No specific reason was given for the delay although if we had to guess, it’s probably related to the pandemic. If that’s indeed the case, it certainly wouldn’t be the first game to get pushed back due to slowdowns from employees struggling to work remotely during the pandemic.

In a brief statement shared on Twitter, the studio said they are giving the game more time in order to deliver the best possible experience for players. As such, the game will now launch worldwide in 2022.

Warner Bros. Montreal unveiled Gotham Knights during the DC FanDome virtual event last summer. As the name suggests, the game takes place in Gotham City, supposedly after the death of Batman. Players will control one of four characters – Robin, Batgirl, Red Hood or Nightwing – as they do battle with a secret criminal society and try to prevent Gotham from spiraling further into chaos.

Single and multiplayer modes are supported, as is leveling up of your character.

The open world RPG is slated to appear on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Windows PC. WB Montreal said it would showcase more of the game in the coming months.

Permalink to story.

Was really hoping that they would release Arkham Origins part 2.

This one doesnt really call my attention.

Makes sense, can't buy consoles really and all the GPUs needed to run new AAA games are in mining rigs. The market for next-gen games is very restricted due to widespread shortages.

I don't even bother looking at AAA games anymore, my GPU can't run them properly, can't get a new GPU anywhere close to MSRP or even the "new" AIB MSRP even though I have so many games that I want to buy.

There's God of War.

Also a 2022 release. Why was PS5 even rushed out with zero AAA new titiles? Maybe they should have spent more time finding decent quality components for the controllers before shipping and another 6 month delay may have seen some furether improvements in CPU and GPU.

Batman and his pals have been trying to clean up the streets of Gotham for over 50 years and it's still a hell-hole. I'm sure that another year won't matter. :laughing:

Back