Watch out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akio

Dear Washington Mutual customer,

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Washington Mutual Internet Banking account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account and of the Washington Mutual network is our primary concern. Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.

To restore your account access, please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not been compromised:

1. Login to your Washington Mutual Internet Banking account. In case you are not enrolled for Internet Banking, you will have to use your Social Security Number as both your Personal ID and Password and fill in all the required information, including your name and your account number.

2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized withdrawals or deposits, and check your account profile to make sure not changes have been made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account, report this to Washington Mutual staff immediately.

To get started, please click the link below:

(Won't give it out so people don't click on it!)

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire Washington Mutual system. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

The Washington Mutual Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your Washington Mutual account and choose the "Help" link in the header of any page.

Yeah! My cousin got this E-Mail and he's only 12 years old. So not sure if it's someone trying to scam off people! Or what.... Just letting people know if they come across this E-Mail to watch out!

Sounds like Phishing to me too. Standard procedure for me is to delete such messages and then log in to my account directly just to see what it says. That is assuming, of course, that the email seems to come from a source I might have used. I have come to a point now that I do not trust any email which requires me to click on a link. Call me paranoid, but "better safe than sorry".

I constantly get very similar emails from somebody claiming to be from Citibank (whom i don't have an account with anyway).
Hovering the cursor over their link only reveals an I.P. address.
I might actually click on it next time --- just out of curiosity.

Hahaha, and no problem Howard! Remember we're like a brother hood here. :haha: Anyway, I don't get why people even try to do stuff like this. I wonder how many people get suckered into it.... Sad to think what type of world we live in.

Akio said:
Hahaha, and no problem Howard! Remember we're like a brother hood here. :haha: Anyway, I don't get why people even try to do stuff like this. I wonder how many people get suckered into it.... Sad to think what type of world we live in.

I understand why they do it.

It`s called getting something for nothing or in otherwords theft.

Regards Howard
:grinthumb

Wow, a program that spots fake websites? They're making a program for everything these days....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back