Water cooled cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeronautica

Building a new comp in the near future, thinking about water cooling...what companies make water cooled cases? The only one that I have seen is the Koolance one that has the big Antec-looking case (that I like the look of very much...). Also, do these systems really keep your comp much cooler? I'll probably be going with an athlon 64 3200 and I want a cool system without a bunch of noise. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I have only seen Koolance water cooled cases, I am assuming there is other companies, but Koolance is the main manufacturer of water cooled cases.

After a bit of research I have found a few other enclosed liquid cooling systems - but none that offer their systems integrated into a case such as the Koolance systems, and none that offer the ability to place coolers on all of the following: cpu, gpu, northbridge, and hardrive - so I guess if I choose the watercooling route, I will be going with a Koolance case.

Has anyone here used/currently using one of the Koolance cases? If so how cool does it keep your system, and what are the noise levels like? Additionally, with water blocks on the above mentioned 4 places, will there be any need for any conventional case fans? I figure I'd put in at least one or two just to keep some air circulating...

coo! agissi

i've been lookin' @ alienware's ice systems......boy, do they look badass.....but, i hate fan noise as well........sacrifice function for beauty?.....trade offs, trade offs.

Yikes! Agissi, went to that site - with all the accessories I wanted (minus a HD cooler) it was like $575 before shipping...found one on ebay with everything I wanted, and a few extras for like $392 shipped...

Thanks for the other links guys; but I think if I decide on the watercooling route, I'll just go with the Koolance case since it has the ability to cool everything, and it will be simplier since it comes as a all-inclusive water cooling case design.

Originally posted by aeronautica
Yikes! Agissi, went to that site - with all the accessories I wanted (minus a HD cooler) it was like $575 before shipping...found one on ebay with everything I wanted, and a few extras for like $392 shipped...

Well Danger Den really are the best, all the down to the lowest temps. Plus that comes all assembled,etc. Did your one for $392 come with a case?

Did your one for $392 come with a case?

Click here yo to check it out. There are a few other auctions on there now; I saw that one a few days ago, now there seem to be some other good deals on similar Koolance setups from the same guy and from a few others.

yeah...but it doesn't come with anything but the case, radiator, pump, and a bit of tubing....you have to buy the actual water blocks (ie the things that you stick on the cpu, gpu, hd, and northbridge) seperately, and when you do that through a store like frys, it'll cost alot more...

Unless you really want to waste that much money, I wouldnt get water cooling.. I'd think of it was wasting if ur just going the water ways for looks.

well, I also want to think of my room mate (going to college next year)...I have odd sleeping habits, ie I stay up really late, and wouldn't want him to not sleep at night cause I have 5 fans running, so being quiet is also a major issue

I would love to water cool my alien ware navigator pro and put it in the living room. Any sff coolers?

I see my next pc as liquid cooled with an external power supply. I thnk its only a matter of time before we see gfx cards oem bathed in coolant and ready to be conected to our pumps. Christ, my gf just got a new compressor for her accord and it was less than $100. Why is it such rocket science when koolance applies WATER cooling to a pc?

Well be careful, cuz water cooling rigs do have fans (unless you get a special fanless Zalman radiator).

yeah, I know those koolance cases still have a few small fans on top of the radiator, but those can't be that noisy can they? They're tiny. I guess I could always rig up one of those passive radiators like so

Actually tiny fans tend to be really loud, and bigger fans tend to be quiter, because with a bigger fan, you can spin it slower, ala not make as much noise, and still push lots of air cuz the fan is big :)

And on top of the Koolance cases, resides 3 (or is it 2?) 120mm fans, and if you've ever seen a 120mm fan, its pretty damn big :D

From memory of reading reviews, they have a sensor, and the hotter your cpu runs the faster they spin (making them louder), but if your cpu runs cool and isnt very hot they'll just remain on the lowest settings, which isnt very noisy.

You could just do what I do, get a slk900, and pop a silent/20db 92mm Zalman fan on there ;) Or any heatsink for that matter, and just put a silent fan on it (21db and below is silent/quiet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back