Water Cooling... Worth the risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subservient

My computer, is alright when it comes to cooling. But I hate how loud it is. I've heard horror stories of dumbasses not getting a warranty when they install the liquid cooling, but even if I had a warranty, its risky.

What's the best/safest liquid cooling system out on the market today?

go for the Aquagate Mini R120, it is pretty much fool proof. i don't know how it goes for performance but i don't see how it could go wrong. it will run cooler than air and less noise. i think you can also get the R80 which is smaller. use 120mm fans for less noise though.

How much would the R120 go for? I don't have a job because I'm too busy playing games so the cost has to be cheap :)

it depends on where you live. www.newegg.com has the aquagate for $100 most other water cooling solutions start at $200 and go up from there for anything reasonable.

I'm using a system made by Corsair. I found it easy to install and has never leaked. It is very effective as a cooling solution as it has allowed me to o/c from 3gig to 3.52gig (Intel.P4).I'm guessing here but this system is prolly about $200 in your neck of the woods.

Properly mounted there is very little risk involved in watercooling, however coolant does need topping up occasionally. You could also consider waiting and look at the Koolance range of cases which feature onboard and inbuilt water cooling systems. If they were available in OZ I'd have one but no-one seems to import them unfortunately. :angel:

The thermaltake bigwater would be a good choice. Its only $120 if you look around and it cools pretty good. Im able to overclock my 3.0 prescott to 3.8 and still not have any heat problems. If you are looking for a quieter system though you should look for fanless water cooling systems.

the biggest problem with fanless water cooling solutions are their size. zalman make a huge one which i think goes alright. or install a quieter fan even :p

Yeah thats about the only drawback. I was looking at that Zalman water cooler, never really paid any attention to the size until now. My god, that thing looks like a silo you would find on a farm.

haha that made me laugh very hard, i've not seen the thing in person myself but i've heard reports of it being hmm not so small. if only i could use it as a wireless aerial too i'd put it outside my window

Re: Zalman Resarator. Another drawback other than size is that it is not particularly effective. Check reviews first. :zzz:

if you´re thinking to go to a WC system, you have to think in 3 things:
1-how much $$ do you wanna spend?
2-do you want a simple or a complex system?
3- the size is important? only inside the case or outside too?

there are simple systems like zalman resetaror, coolermaster BIG water that are not expensive and do a good job. In my opinion, it´s not worth you move all your cooling system to get more (less) 3 or 4° celcius. To go to WC, you should think in more than 10° for all the job (investment) that you´ll have.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back