Water/Liquid cooling cleaning & other questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehana

how often should you clean a water/liquid cooling parts?
tubes, reservoir, generator & all that good stuff...

how often should i replace fluid?

what's the best fluid to use?

sig-08s1.png

well i usually clean my res-a-craptor around every 2 months but thats just me like i disasemble the blocks and scrub them with a toothbrush.u should change the fluid every 6 months at least. i did some experiminting and i founs that distiled water mixed with water wetter gave me the best results ( water wetter increases the amount of heat the water is able to obsorb). remember you can clean all your blocks in normal tap water but before you asemble them you MUST rinse them in distiled water so they dont get little goopy stuff growing on them.

You can also use hydrogen peroxide to clean your setup of any living matter. Just drain your system fluid through a coffee filter to remove large particles from the coolant. Then fill it again with H2O2 and run the system for ten to twenty minutes. Make sure your loop isn't airtight while doing this. Then disassemble and rinse everything with distilled water just like Computer~freak said.

LOL i just noticed u posted the same thing on a maximumpc forum and all you got was a at least once a year clean it hahaha

thank you :p for the comments. there's so many different fluids and combos to use... i'll see :p

i know, i have to post on different forums though cuz sometimes i don't get a response from other forums.

Thanks Again Everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back